Crystals in Times of Uncertainty: Living with Questions
by Deborah Bookin
Have you ever grown impatient, seeking the answer to an important question in your life, only to recognize later that the waiting time served a healthy purpose? German poet Rainer Maria Rilke once said, “Be patient toward all that is unsolved in your heart and try to love the questions themselves. Do not now seek the answers which cannot be given you because you would not be able to live them and the point is to live everything. Live the questions now. . .”
In today’s complex world, so oriented to immediate results and answers, it can be challenging to live hopefully and growthfully through times that ask us to live with questions and uncertainty. But if we are able to, we may come to see that this time of waiting is really one of incubating that which will serve the highest good in ways we might never expect.
The Contribution of Crystals
Crystals shine in their ability to provide a variety of different types of energetic support during times when we are called upon to live with uncertainty. If you are ready to consider support from the mineral kingdom to help you live with your questions, here are some ways that working with them may be helpful:
- Enhancing energy to help maintain over-all health, vitality and sense of well-being
- Assistance in recognizing and transforming beliefs, attitudes and patterns of behavior that no longer serve a healthy purpose.
- Developing a deeper spiritual connection
- Learning how to work with and trust one’s intuition more fully
- Developing greater comfort in living with uncertainty and moving into the unknown
- Enhancing patience
- Connecting with inner strength and courage to move beyond present limitations
- Helping one to re-evaluate one’s relationship to change
- Letting go of negativity and fear
- Learning how to appreciate the present more fully
- Opening to new ideas with greater ease
- Enhancing energy for specific aspects of healing and growth
The choice to live richly during times of questions and uncertainty may also lead you to incorporate other healing avenues into your present self-care, or to re-visit those that have been helpful in the past. Meditation, Reiki, Feng Shui, aromatherapy, yoga, Tai Chi, exercise, breath-work and other modalities may contribute positively to greater health and well-being during these times.
Spending time with loved ones and friends, pursuing hobbies and interests, spending time in nature, connecting with beauty through music, art and other creative endeavors and allocating time for laughter and fun can all help to create a richer, more satisfying experience.
Working with crystals can be a wonderful part of an integrated program of self-care, healing and growth during these times. As you consider ways to make your own time of living with questions and uncertainty more rewarding, we invite you to call upon the mineral kingdom to partner with you on your path.
© 2006 Deborah Bookin All Rights Reserved.